I am a little late announcing it but hope you will still be inspired. We love raspberries in our house. These floral, fragrant jewels of fruit are just coming into season in the UK in June. They are a great sign that summer is here and to us at least, the locally grown fruit is so much more flavourful.
To me the less done with raspberries the better, I tend to use them as a vivid red adornment. Like these meringues or in a victoria sponge. Breakfast being one of my favourite meals, a weekend breakfast treat would have to include raspberries with French toast and lashings of maple syrup.
However Laura (my one ingredient co-host) and I would love to see your ideas.
There are some great ideas on the BBC good food website and the Channel 4 Food website
Here is the link to the one ingredient blog event guidelines
THE ‘RULES’ ARE SIMPLE
- The recipe does not have to be showy or complicated – just family friendly
- It can be sweet or savoury (depending on the ingredient and your taste!)
- You can use an old blog post if you wish but please let us know and please add the monthly one ingredient logo – we will create an appropriate logo for each month!
- Feel free to enter the recipe to other challenges as well.
- Please give credit if you use other people’s recipes and link to the source as appropriate.
- Please enter by using the linking tool at the bottom of each months post announcing the challenge. Alternatively you could Email your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org – let us know the recipe title, a photo and the link to the blog post. Let us know via Twitter if you do this as it is hard to keep track of all submissions.
- Please include a link to our websites as the challenge hosts.
- If you tweet your recipes and use the hashtag #oneingredient we will retweet all those that we see.
- We will write a roundup post and link back to your entry
We hope you feel inspired to enter!
Below is the link to add your blogpost