As you start thinking of your bakes for the festive season, and stir up Sunday approaches, Laura and I thought it would be nice to share your recipes for fruits of the vine. You can use grapes or dried vine fruit of your choice.
Whether it be in preserves or bakes. Cakes, Muffins, Cookies or Mince.
Personally we rather like Nigella’s mince recipe for Christmas (there I said it!). However I know there are some great recipes out there including a lovely chocolate mincemeat from Helen at the Crazy Kitchen that looks rather scrumptious.
You could use it in a sweet bread like Laura’s lovely walnut and dried fruit loaf that looked wonderful and added some rosemary – what a wonderful teatime loaf.
Or perhaps a traybake such as this Anzac slice from Utterly Scrummy, or in muffins. These banana and walnut cupcakes from Sarah at Maison Cupcake are on our to make list for sure!
And since dried fruit is also the theme for this months’s Tea Time treats over at Lavender and Lovage, you can get two blog events linked for the price of one!
As always the guidelines for one ingredient are simple:
The One Ingredient Challenge has been running for some time – you can find out more about the guidelines here
THE ‘RULES’ ARE SIMPLE
- The recipe does not have to be showy or complicated – just family friendly
- It can be sweet or savoury (depending on the ingredient and your taste!)
- You can use an old blog post if you wish but please let us know and please add the monthly one ingredient logo – we will create an appropriate logo for each month!
- Feel free to enter the recipe to other challenges as well.
- Please give credit if you use other people’s recipes and link to the source as appropriate.
- Please enter by using the linking tool at the bottom of this post.
- Please include a link to our websites as the challenge hosts.
- If you tweet your recipes and use the hashtag #oneingredient we will retweet all those that we see.
- We will write a roundup post and link back to your entry with a picture of your recipe.
So link up your recipes below !
Look forward to seeing your entries!
Nazima and Laura